10 Facts You Didn't Know About Fatty liver
You or your family member may have been diagnosed with fatty liver (aka NAFLD non-alcoholic fatty liver disease). Here are 10 facts you didn't know about this disease.
1. NAFLD is becoming the most common cause of liver disease worldwide
2. NAFLD related complications are becoming leading causes for liver transplantation
3. Although NAFLD is most commonly associated with increased weight and diabetes, slim/lean people can also develop NAFLD
4. Most common cause of death from NAFLD is heart disease
5. NAFLD increases your risk of certain cancers
6. NAFLD increases the progression of other liver diseases such as alcohol-related liver disease or viral hepatitis
7. NAFLD is often a silent disease until it is too late
8. Advanced NAFLD leads to liver failure and liver cancer
9. NAFLD can be diagnosed on blood tests and non-invasive scans
10. NAFLD and its complications are treatable. Speak to your doctor today!
Note: This post is for educational and entertainment purposes. For specific advice regarding your health and treatment, please speak to your doctor or specialist.